Looptworks is an impact brand. We believe in the power of design as a tool to convert waste, excess, and broken systems into amazing solutions and products. Our efforts will lead to zero waste and closed loop solutions for both ourselves and every partner brand we engage with. Along the way, we will conserve water, protect our air, and positively impact people. We will inspire a generation to practice mindful consumption while innovating with Fortune 500 brands for big time solutions. Our founding ethos is framed by one simple concept: Use only what already exists. It is the environmentally responsible way to create quality products that are visually stunning and functionally superior while saving water and fresh air.
Position Title: eCommerce Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Reports To: Director of Marketing and eCommerce
Pay Status: Exempt
Looptworks is looking for an eCommerce guru. The eCommerce Manager is the day-to-day leader of our Looptworks.com brand website and eCommerce business. They are responsible for creating and executing on a profitable, data-driven strategy for the website (both B2C and/or B2B) and will be our key business leader managing the P&L, user experience, site analytics, content, merchandising and marketing in alignment with our brand guidelines. The eCommerce Manager will build great internal partnerships to foster cross-functional cooperation to deliver on the business strategy. This role is customer and data driven, using analytics to inform decision making and helping inform our organization around customer trends and opportunities. This position requires an eye for new business opportunities, flexibility, an ability to thrive in a fast-moving and changing environment and a willingness to work in a lean environment, wearing many hats to grow this key channel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and become intimately familiar with our target customer, their motivations and how they shop online in order to perpetuate a compelling, profitable, and differentiated web strategy.
- Approach the eCommerce channel with an entrepreneurial mindset; working independently, addressing problems with solutions and taking in many data points to make sound decisions.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability and experience in communicating with a wide variety of audiences.
- Understands and models company culture. Works to build community among staff and with other departments.
- Delivers exceptional service and demonstrates friendly and attentive behaviors with internal and external customers.
- Embraces change and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates dependability, organization and follow through.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time.
- Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in problem-solving and is solutions oriented.
- Communicates in a professional and constructive manner. Responds to and follows through on emails and other communications in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and seeks opportunities for professional growth. Seeks and responds to feedback in order to improve performance.
- Acts as a steward of company resources and Vision/Mission/Values by modeling and promoting sustainable behaviors/operations.
Position Specific Functions
- Cultivates and maintains superior customer experience through eCommerce to deliver on Looptworks brand values.
- Owns responsibility for business performance and customer experience metrics.
- Adopts a test, lean optimize approach. Identifies and acts on opportunities, adapting strategies to achieve sales and customer acquisition.
- Drives development of new features, programs and services with internal partners, contractors and external agencies.
- Partner’s cross-departmentally and across the company to support the strategic planning, testing, and execution of eCommerce campaigns and initiatives.
- Drives ongoing operationalization of eCommerce processes, reporting and procedures.
- Applies understanding of inventory, merchandising and marketing planning to eCommerce process and strategy.
- Monitors and analyzes the overall health of the eCommerce business, performance of campaigns and general KPI’s.
- Collaborates with marketing colleagues in the development of a cohesive integrated marketing plan, supporting annual eCommerce goals and priorities and encompassing eCommerce marketing and promotional strategy.
- Maintains core understanding of traffic & conversion driving programs and KPIs by channel including SEM, SEO, social, display and email marketing and partners with Director of Marketing, contractors and media partners to optimize these programs to deliver on sales goals.
- Manages CMS, ESP, social and marketing campaign platforms, vendor relationships and associated analytics.
- Manages day-to-day relationship with Shopify, marketing partners and contractors to deliver on-time and on-budget site solutions and campaigns.
- Develops and presents competitive analysis and audits of eCommerce best practices. Converts analysis into action and results.
- Oversees customer satisfaction and works with customer service to develop scalable process for handling customer service issues; analyzes web purchasing data and shares those insights back with Product Design, Sourcing, Marketing, and Sales.
- Partners with Marketing Director in the management of the eCommerce budget and acts thoughtfully and responsibly in managing people and financial resources.
Tools and Equipment Used
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: office equipment, computer, printer, and scanner.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-7 years of experience in eCommerce (combination of Digital Marketing and eCommerce experience okay)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or other web analytics platforms
- Knowledge of the digital ecosystem, online marketing tactics & how eCommerce, web, mobile, social, search and channels work together to optimize behavior, retention and acquisition.
- Knowledge of eCommerce business models, specifically how to scale and drive ecommerce sales through effective and cost-efficient marketing & merchandising programs and strategies.
- Strong background in customer acquisition, re-engagement and retention strategies
- Previous experience managing P&L and budget for eCommerce.
- Proficiency with eCommerce platforms, specifically Shopify and related applications
- Experience in apparel/textile business a plus
- Basic HTML experience a plus
Important Notice: The job duties, responsibilities, requirements and conditions, physical requirements and work environment listed in this job description are examples of the tasks that a staff member may be required to perform. Looptworks reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "eCommerce Manager" in the subject line.