Looptworks Jobs - Workshop Production Manager
Looptworks is an impact brand. We believe in the power of design and innovation, as tools to convert waste, excess, and broken systems into amazing solutions and products. Our efforts will lead to zero waste and close loop solutions.
Along the way, we will conserve water, fresh air and positively impact people. We will inspire a generation to practice mindful consumption while innovating for big time solutions. Our ethos is framed by one simple concept; Use only what already exist. It is the most environmentally responsible way to create best in class products that are visually stunning and functionally superior while saving water and fresh air.
You are passionate about innovating on the creative process to ensure minimal impact to the environment. You are an innovative, spirited team player that is fun to be around. You are extremely organized, a production guru, and know product construction for apparel and accessories. You know how to work with a team to create a well-oiled production and prototyping process. You are extremely well organized and collaborative, yet decisive, in order to achieve speed to market. Self-initiative will be necessary to move projects and tasks from ideation to delivery.
Looptworks is looking for an experienced workshop production manager. This position will be responsible for:
- Manage the workshop team. (5+ direct reports)
- Manage a production, purchase order, and invoicing schedule for all third party manufacturing partners.
- Sourcing and management of all trims inventory for domestic production.
- Manage a production and development timeline.
- Quality assurance of all products made domestically.
- Maintain a zero waste to landfill strategy for the workshop.
- Be able to step in an assist in any or all development and production requirements as needed.
- Maintain the required pricing and margin structure.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of a BOM, Patterns, Tech Pack and Order of Operations for each product created.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in Apparel and/or Textile Product Development/Construction or related field.
- At least 3 year’s experience in managing a team in a production and development environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A passionate leader that can inspire a team. Ability to multi-task, proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Strong understanding of construction, color, materials, fit, and manufacturing capabilities. Knowledge of industrial sewing and other textile manufacturing methods.
- Experience in vendor communication, costing, cost negotiation, vendor evaluation and sourcing.
- Proven ability to partner with Factories, Design, Operations, Marketing and E-commerce teams to commercialize product from concept stage to market.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, communicate status appropriately, manage calendar and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability.
- Full understanding of Excel and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision, and has the ability to work on multiple projects efficiently.
- Understanding of supply chain, building BOMs, ordering trims and managing in house and outside production.
- Maintain the Brand’s quality standards in all products.
This position is located in Portland, Oregon and there is no relocation package.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include 'Workshop Production Manager' in the subject line.