Jobs at Looptworks
Thanks for your interest in working at Looptworks! We are currently seeking:
- Product Line Manager
- Contract Production Sewer — Bags and Accessories
- Dealer Services/ Fulfillment Manager
To apply: contact us Looptworks@gmail.com
Looptworks is an impact brand. We believe in the power of design as a tool to convert waste, excess, and broken systems into amazing solutions and products. Our efforts will lead to zero waste and closed loop solutions. Along the way, we will conserve water, fresh air and positively impact people. We will inspire a generation to practice mindful consumption while innovating for big time solutions to help rescue us and this place we call home. Our ethos is framed by one simple concept: Use only what already exists. It is the most environmentally responsible way to create best in class products that are visually stunning and functionally superior while saving water and fresh air.
Production Line Manager
You are passionate about innovating on the creative process to ensure minimal impact to the environment. You are an innovative, spirited team player that is fun to be around. You are a leader that thrives well in a dynamic, fast moving environment. You are extremely well organized and collaborative, yet decisive, in order to achieve speed to market. Self-initiative will be necessary to move projects and tasks from ideation to delivery.
Looptworks is looking for a visionary Product Line Manager for Bags and Accessories. This position will be responsible for driving revenue growth and meeting margin goals. Responsibilities include the overall vision and planning of the product lines, product lifecycle management, strong market, product and competitor analysis blended with instinct and innovation around end user desires and overall market trends.
This includes creating a 12-month roadmap of product offering, development and execution of all product concepts into a go to market strategy. The Looptworks product focus is on bags, accessories and some apparel.
This position is located in Portland, Oregon. There is no relocation package.
- Create products that surprise and delight our end customers.
- Assure new product concepts follow the LOOPTWORKS ethos and incorporate competitive analysis and market trends to identify opportunities.
- Organize product briefs and assure brief accuracy to provide clear product direction and information to the design team.
- Manage a development timeline and assure all new products follow calendar dates for on time delivery while achieving targets and goals for each brief.
- Maintain pricing and margin model.
- Responsible for outward communications to the entire team to ensure each product is clearly understood in terms of target and positioning.
- Collaborate sales and marketing to develop and drive the go-to-market strategy.
- Manage inventory, product turns and overall Profit and Loss for the category.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Apparel and/or Textile Product Development, Merchandising, Design or another related field.
- At least 4 years experience in Product Line Management, preferably with experience in one or more of these categories: apparel, outerwear, bags or equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- A passionate leader that can inspire a team. Ability to multi-task, proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Strong understanding of construction, color, materials, fit and manufacturing capabilities.
- Experience in vendor communication, costing, cost negotiation, vendor evaluation and sourcing.
- Proven ability to partner with Factories, Design, Operations, Marketing and E-commerce teams to commercialize product from concept stage to market.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, communicate status appropriately, manage calendar and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability.
- Conduct market research with respect to competition, trends, product strategy, product features and pricing. Create innovative concepts that result in market leadership in the category.
- Ensures margin goals are achieved on a consolidated basis.
- Analyzing product sell through, inventory turns and margin to maximize sales and profit.
- Gain insight into line development by exposure to consumer and sales channels.
- Full understanding of Excel and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision, and has the ability to work on multiple projects efficiently.
- Understanding of supply chain, building BOMs, ordering trims and managing in house and outside production (domestic and overseas).
- Maintain the Brand’s quality standards in all products.
Contract Production Sewer — Bags and Accessories
- Experience with industrial sewing using a walking foot and multi-layer construction.
- Construction knowledge for bags and accessories, apparel a plus.
- Experience sewing with heavy materials such as leather and canvas.
- Experience with skiving, hammering, constructing and tooling with leather for production quantities.
- Excellent prototype construction skills.
- Creating a production ready pack with an order of operations, patterns and yield calculations for costing.
- Knowledge of the application of hardware such as rivets, grommets, snaps, buckles, etc.
- A strong understanding of how to move from sample creation into small batch production.
You are self-motivated, organized, detail oriented problem solver. You possess creative thinking and deft aptitude for solving problems. You are a doer with a high level of energy and passion for the work you do. You are a team player and possess excellent communication skills at all levels. You work well together in a team. You understand a scalable manufacturing process.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sample making and/or production sewing.
- Knowledge of bag and accessory construction.
- Patterning and cutting both electronic and hand.
- Creating yields.
- Setting up an organized production process.
- Excellent knowledge of industrial sewing machines with all stitching solutions.
- Experience with all industrial machinery including cutting, skiving, hardware application, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast pace environment
Location: Portland, Oregon
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words, Production Sewer – Bags and Accessories in the subject heading.
Dealer Services/Fulfillment Manager
Looptworks is an impact brand. We believe in the power of design, as a tool to convert waste, excess, and broken systems into amazing solutions and products. Our efforts will lead to zero waste and close loop solutions. Along the way, we will conserve water, fresh air and positively impact people. We will inspire a generation to practice mindful consumption while innovating for big time solutions to help rescue us and this place we call home. Our ethos is framed by one simple concept; Use only what already exist. It is the most environmentally responsible way to create best in class products that are visually stunning and functionally superior while saving water and fresh air.
You are passionate about innovating on the creative process to ensure minimal impact to the environment. You are an innovative, spirited team player that is fun to be around. You are a leader that thrives well in a dynamic, fast moving environment. You are extremely well organized and collaborative, yet decisive, in order to acheive speed to market. Self-initiative will be necessary to move projects and tasks from ideation to delivery.
Looptworks is looking for an incredibly organized customer service/fulfillment manager. This position will be responsible for receiving, processing, and fulfilling all ecommerce, wholesale and B2B orders. Responsibilities include:
- Working side-by-side with our E-commerce and Sales team with a focus on growing and retaining organization’s customer base.
- Daily management of ERP system for inventory, order processing and reporting.
- Primary focus on optimizing the overall customer experience with efforts dedicated in inbound customer volume, project coordination and other assigned responsibilities.
- Knowledge of EDI set up, order processing and vendor set up for any new customers. Product creation tasks surrounding wholesale programs to include item setup, vendor onboarding, hangtag/barcode creation, packaging hierachy/compliance and EDI order processing.
- Handles inbound and outbound transactions for our ecommerce, wholesale and B2B sales channels.
- Providing phone and email-based support. Ensures resolution of sales and service issues as necessary.
- Handles all e-commerce customer inquiries, custom order requests and fulfillment.
- Shipment entries and scheduling of pickups via the FedEx portal.
- Sales Order Creation/Invoicing - all sales channels.
- Actively makes outbound contact to leads, new or existing customers to contribute to sales teams efforts.
- Participates in internal and external meetings as the representative or subject matter expert for the department.
- Partners with individuals throughout the organization (Product, Sales, Marketing and Design).
- Manages new account set-up and existing account maintenance functions.
- Resolution of sales and service issues as necessary.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflicts for customers with focus on retention and an incredible brand experience.
- Management of collaborative sales channel surrounding custom logo product manufacturing and/or custom embellishments.
- Management of 3rd party warehouse storage of finished goods domestically, as well as raw material storage both global and domestic.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including professional telephone manner with strong listening skills.
- Advanced organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Team player with the ability to interact and establish rapport with internal and external customers.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Positive role model in attitude, mentoring, dependability and performance.
- Provides sales support across the organization to internal and external teams.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task and maintain a professional and positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Punctual, reliable, quick-thinking with an ownership of work and proactive thought.
- Demonstrates a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Experience with project coordination/overall project plans or equivalent experience a must.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed.
- Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Microsoft Office Skills (especially Excel), Organization, Time Management, Phone Presentation Skills, Verbal Communication.
- 1-3 years experience in customer service, operations or dealer services for a product based company.
- A passion for the environment and working for a company that makes a difference.
This position is located in Portland, Oregon and you should be too. Please send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com Please put Customer Service/Fulfillment in the subject line.
Pictured above: the Alaska Airlines Carry-On Collection, upcycled from leather Horizon Airlines seat covers