Jobs at Looptworks
Thanks for your interest in working at Looptworks! We are currently seeking:
- Product Line Manager
- Contract Production Sewer — Bags and Accessories
- Freelance Bag and Accessory Designer
To apply: contact us Looptworks@gmail.com
Looptworks is an impact brand. We believe in the power of design as a tool to convert waste, excess, and broken systems into amazing solutions and products. Our efforts will lead to zero waste and closed loop solutions. Along the way, we will conserve water, fresh air and positively impact people. We will inspire a generation to practice mindful consumption while innovating for big time solutions to help rescue us and this place we call home. Our ethos is framed by one simple concept: Use only what already exists. It is the most environmentally responsible way to create best in class products that are visually stunning and functionally superior while saving water and fresh air.
Production Line Manager
You are passionate about innovating on the creative process to ensure minimal impact to the environment. You are an innovative, spirited team player that is fun to be around. You are a leader that thrives well in a dynamic, fast moving environment. You are extremely well organized and collaborative, yet decisive, in order to achieve speed to market. Self-initiative will be necessary to move projects and tasks from ideation to delivery.
Looptworks is looking for a visionary Product Line Manager for Bags and Accessories. This position will be responsible for driving revenue growth and meeting margin goals. Responsibilities include the overall vision and planning of the product lines, product lifecycle management, strong market, product and competitor analysis blended with instinct and innovation around end user desires and overall market trends.
This includes creating a 12-month roadmap of product offering, development and execution of all product concepts into a go to market strategy. The Looptworks product focus is on bags, accessories and some apparel.
This position is located in Portland, Oregon. There is no relocation package.
- Create products that surprise and delight our end customers.
- Assure new product concepts follow the LOOPTWORKS ethos and incorporate competitive analysis and market trends to identify opportunities.
- Organize product briefs and assure brief accuracy to provide clear product direction and information to the design team.
- Manage a development timeline and assure all new products follow calendar dates for on time delivery while achieving targets and goals for each brief.
- Maintain pricing and margin model.
- Responsible for outward communications to the entire team to ensure each product is clearly understood in terms of target and positioning.
- Collaborate sales and marketing to develop and drive the go-to-market strategy.
- Manage inventory, product turns and overall Profit and Loss for the category.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Apparel and/or Textile Product Development, Merchandising, Design or another related field.
- At least 4 years experience in Product Line Management, preferably with experience in one or more of these categories: apparel, outerwear, bags or equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- A passionate leader that can inspire a team. Ability to multi-task, proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Strong understanding of construction, color, materials, fit and manufacturing capabilities.
- Experience in vendor communication, costing, cost negotiation, vendor evaluation and sourcing.
- Proven ability to partner with Factories, Design, Operations, Marketing and E-commerce teams to commercialize product from concept stage to market.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, communicate status appropriately, manage calendar and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability.
- Conduct market research with respect to competition, trends, product strategy, product features and pricing. Create innovative concepts that result in market leadership in the category.
- Ensures margin goals are achieved on a consolidated basis.
- Analyzing product sell through, inventory turns and margin to maximize sales and profit.
- Gain insight into line development by exposure to consumer and sales channels.
- Full understanding of Excel and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision, and has the ability to work on multiple projects efficiently.
- Understanding of supply chain, building BOMs, ordering trims and managing in house and outside production (domestic and overseas).
- Maintain the Brand’s quality standards in all products.
Freelance Bag and Accessory Designer
Looptworks is looking for an extraordinary freelance accessory designer that not only has an excellent sense of construction, form and function, but also has the ability to blend a variety of materials to create an amazing confluence of design that others simply did not see.
You are passionate about design and the environment. Reducing waste while conserving water and fresh air drives your creativity and is evident in the way you live your life. You are an innovative, spirited team player that is fun to be around. You thrive well in a dynamic, fast moving environment. You are entrepreneurial and are willing to take risks in order be the best. You live in the city, but thrive in the outdoors and love to play in both places. Self-initiative will be necessary to move projects and tasks from ideation to reality.
- Further design the brands DNA and product initiatives into bags and accessories that encapsulate function, aesthetic, and simplicity of design.
- Work closely with product management and sales ensuring required product types meet the expectation of the brand and the end customer.
- Draw inspiration from within and as well as the market, without discounting the notion and the ability to communicate design in your own personal way
- Present design ideas explaining the why versus the what. There needs to be a reason as to why the product looks and performs the way its designed.
- Being able to identify and combine multiple materials, textures and colors to create amazing styles.
- Create innovative patterns and construction that can be flawlessly executed.
- At least 3 years practical experience in either industrial and or accessory product design with a proven record of commercializing truly spectacular product.
- Demonstrated Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and structure multiple projects at the same time.
- You are a master in the Adobe Suite programs. InDesign and/or 3-D design software is a plus.
- Equally important is the ability to create a clear and concise development package with a bill of materials, technical drawings and pattern direction.
- Daft pattern making and construction knowledge.
- Knowledge of sewing and prototyping technical, 3-D product construction.
- Ability to multi-task, proactively trouble shoot, problem solve, and be an effective team player.
To apply, send your resume and digital portfolio to email@example.com; write the word Bag Design in the subject headline.
Contract Production Sewer — Bags and Accessories
- Experience with industrial sewing using a walking foot and multi-layer construction.
- Construction knowledge for bags and accessories, apparel a plus.
- Experience sewing with heavy materials such as leather and canvas.
- Experience with skiving, hammering, constructing and tooling with leather for production quantities.
- Excellent prototype construction skills.
- Creating a production ready pack with an order of operations, patterns and yield calculations for costing.
- Knowledge of the application of hardware such as rivets, grommets, snaps, buckles, etc.
- A strong understanding of how to move from sample creation into small batch production.
You are self-motivated, organized, detail oriented problem solver. You possess creative thinking and deft aptitude for solving problems. You are a doer with a high level of energy and passion for the work you do. You are a team player and possess excellent communication skills at all levels. You work well together in a team. You understand a scalable manufacturing process.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sample making and/or production sewing.
- Knowledge of bag and accessory construction.
- Patterning and cutting both electronic and hand.
- Creating yields.
- Setting up an organized production process.
- Excellent knowledge of industrial sewing machines with all stitching solutions.
- Experience with all industrial machinery including cutting, skiving, hardware application, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast pace environment
Location: Portland, Oregon
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words, Production Sewer – Bags and Accessories in the subject heading.
Pictured above: the Alaska Airlines Carry-On Collection, upcycled from leather Horizon Airlines seat covers