Looptworks Jobs - Community Manager
Looptworks is looking for a Community Manager to join the Marketing Team! This role will be the front line of communications for all things Looptworks - representing the brand and engaging with fans and customers across social networks, Shopify, email, and phone. The Community Manager will work closely with the marketing team to create brand content, manage day-to-day communications, and pinpoint trends and areas for brand growth. Our tight-knit team works closely across all functions, from Production to Sales, so this role will get their hands dirty in an array of projects.
Our ideal candidate is well versed in retail and sustainability and is enthused about the future of upcycling and zero waste initiatives. They are both a competent copywriter and a well-spoken individual who is feels confident being the voice of our growing brand.
This position is located on-site in our Southeast Portland office. It is contract to start, with full-time potential.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Social Media Management
- Manage the publishing of all Looptworks social media content
- Engage with followers by responding to comments and messages in a timely manner
- Develop and execute a social media outreach strategy with an emphasis on growing the multiple sectors of Looptworks audiences
- Pinpoint influencers in line with our brand, along with other social growth opportunities
- Stay current on social media trends and provide recommendations to improve community engagement
- Work closely with digital designer to create monthly social content calendars for the Looptworks brand across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
- Share insights from the social channels to inspire social and digital marketing opportunities
- Propose real-time engagement opportunities for the brand
- When time allows, assist in writing longer form blog posts for our website, LinkedIn, and Medium
- In addition to the messages that come through social channels, this role will take ownership of our customer service email account and our business landline
- Ensure a positive and communicative experience for all customers regardless of platform
- Field partnership and vendor requests, collaborating with the appropriate team members when an opportunity of interest
Technical Skills and Experience
- Entry-level role; 1-3 years of digital marketing, social media management or copywriting experience desired
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of and enthusiasm for social media
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- E-commerce or retail experience preferred
- Positive, collaborative, hands-on and energetic attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to tolerate repetitive, detailed work, under time constraints
- Speed and agility: ability to work in a fast-paced environment adhering to plans and adapting quickly to changes
- Proactively communicates to solve problems
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor within a flexible work environment
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com. Include 'Community Manager' in the subject line.
Overview of Looptworks
Our ethos is framed by one simple concept: Use only what already exists. And that’s the core of everything we do.
Looptworks is a Portland-based, B Corp-certified retail company changing the life cycle of products and production. We are in the business of protecting what matters most - water & air - by upcycling perfectly good but landfill-destined materials into new products. That means each one of our products not only has a story worth telling, but also conserves gallons of water, offsets carbon emissions, helps employ people with disabilities, and more.