Looptworks Jobs - E-Commerce Specialist
As our brand grows, Looptworks is seeking a detail- and action-oriented, entrepreneurial E-Commerce Specialist to take ownership of the advancement and maintenance of our Shopify site, Looptworks.com. As the E-Commerce Specialist, you will sit at the nexus of Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, and Physical Product/Merchandising. You’ll dedicate yourself to understanding the needs of the business and marrying them with the needs of the customer, satisfying both through digital development and innovation. This position, reporting to the Director of Brand & Digital Marketing, has a high level of exposure and potential growth within the evolving business.
The Looptworks E-Commerce Specialist is a Shopify guru with experience growing sales online and managing a web store. You’ll work closely with our marketing team to execute on campaigns, product launches, and initiatives, but will have a level of independence to spearhead e-commerce needs. It is essential that you have additional experience in analytics and reporting in order to report on e-commerce performance and mine for trends.
*This role is part-time hourly to start, with potential for full-time.*
- Constantly analyze and test along the path to purchase to optimize and re-optimize as new products are released (experience with Privy, and the likes, a plus)
- Lead the ideation, technical development, launch and optimization of innovative digital experiences to balance simplifying the shopping experience with providing all the information that the shopper needs for a highly considered purchase
- Extract insights and drive their use in product development, marketing, creative or customer experience
- Collaborate with marketing channel owners, as well as retail (when a feasible option once again), to accommodate and enhance a holistic, omnichannel shopping experience
- Define, report and own shopping KPIs and digital product health, as well as action planning and execution to address identified gaps and opportunities
- Own relationships with onsite experience partners, including Yotpo, Pagefly, and more
- Identify, evaluate, and drive adoption of tools, technologies and processes that add value to the shopper’s experience and the business
- 3+ years of digital product management experience in e-commerce, specifically within the Shopify platform
- Significant experience designing experiments and making difficult data-driven decisions (A/B experimentation, user testing, data analysis, competitor and market analysis, etc)
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Google Analytics and building out reporting dashboards
- Consumer-focused startup experience
- BS/BA or comparable work experience
- Experience in developing customer journey maps and building UX patterns from results
- Experience as a front end engineer or designer
- Experience with paid media (social, search, and/or display)
- Experience with on-site SEO optimization
The Perfect Candidate Is:
- A do-er. We are a small team who is in need of team members who can both strategize and get things done daily
- Interested in and motivated by our work in the circular economy and sustainability sectors
- An expert-level cross-functional leader, communicator, and collaborator
- Scrappy, action-oriented executioner guided by strategic vision and perception
- Uncompromisingly detail-oriented and thorough
- An agile, adaptive team player that feels equally comfortable leading or contributing / supporting
- Wants to make an immediate and lasting impact at an early stage, fast growing brand, and is ready to dedicate their time, energy, and experience to it
**To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include 'E-Commerce Specialist' in the subject line.**
Did you know over $500 billion is lost every year due to product underutilization and the lack of recycling in the apparel industry alone? When seeing the added wasted resources our livelihood depends on, like water and clean air, it's clear that it's time for a new system. We're Looptworks, a certified B Corporation, and we help brands and manufacturers regenerate textiles and products into value for the business, for people, and for the planet.
1. What type of excess material do you take? We upcycle textiles and apparel. We also work with leathers, polymers, rubber and foam materials.
2. How can you help us avoid landfill? We guarantee a 100% landfill avoidance on both pre and post-consumer materials.
3. What types of partnership do you offer?
Upcycling - we reuse your materials and create new products of higher value.
Downcycling – we guarantee landfill avoidance of your excess materials to extend their life by turning it into insulation and carbon neutral energy.
Circularity - we offer a range of other repurposing methods (including repair, donation and closed loop research) to extend the life of your excess material. This includes full 360 circular yarn-to-yarn conversion.
4. What are your MOQ's and volume capabilities? For upcycling, our minimum is 144 pieces per style of product design. For downcycling, our minimum is 2,000 lbs. per project, and we prefer a steady stream of material. We have scaled programs in the hundreds of thousands of lbs. to avoid landfill.
5. What is your lead time? We typically produce upcycled orders in 60-90 days. Projects can go faster depending on the volume and our pipeline. Contact us to learn more!