Looptworks Jobs - Production Sewer, Bags & Accessories
*Notice: This job is listed on an ongoing basis, as our production needs fluctuate. We try out best to get back to applicants in a timely manner, but please excuse our delays if you don't hear from us right away.
Are you interested in sustainability and considering a career in producing bags, clothing, and accessories with a zero-waste production process? We’re looking for a hard-working and professional individual with a great attitude, aptitude and a willingness to learn.
- Experience with industrial sewing using a walking foot and multi-layer construction.
- Construction knowledge for bags and accessories, apparel a plus.
- Experience sewing with heavy materials such as leather and canvas.
- Experience with skiving, hammering, constructing and tooling with leather for production quantities.
- Excellent prototype construction skills.
- Creating a production ready pack with an order of operations, patterns and yield calculations for costing.
- Knowledge of the application of hardware such as rivets, grommets, snaps, buckles, etc.
- A strong understanding of how to move from sample creation into small batch production.
You are self-motivated, organized, detail oriented problem solver. You possess creative thinking and deft aptitude for solving problems. You are a doer with a high level of energy and passion for the work you do. You are a team player and possess excellent communication skills at all levels. You work well together in a team. You understand a scalable manufacturing process.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sample making and/or production sewing.
- Knowledge of bag and accessory construction.
- Patterning and cutting both electronic and hand.
- Creating yields.
- Setting up an organized production process.
- Excellent knowledge of industrial sewing machines with all stitching solutions.
- Experience with all industrial machinery including cutting, skiving, hardware application, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast pace environment
Location: Portland, Oregon
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words 'Production Sewer – Bags and Accessories' in the subject heading.