Looptworks is an impact brand. We believe in the power of design as a tool to convert waste, excess, and broken systems into amazing solutions and products. Our efforts will lead to zero waste and closed loop solutions for both ourselves and every partner brand we engage with. Along the way, we will conserve water, protect our air, and positively impact people. We will inspire a generation to practice mindful consumption while innovating with Fortune 500 brands for big time solutions. Our founding ethos is framed by one simple concept: Use only what already exists. It is the environmentally responsible way to create quality products that are visually stunning and functionally superior while saving water and fresh air.
Position Title: Production Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Reports To: Global Director of Product
Pay Status: Exempt
Looptworks is looking for a Production Manager guru that thrives in a dynamic environment with ever-changing projects. The Production Manager is the day-to-day leader facilitating the execution of manufacturing operations. They will proactively manage labor scheduling and material flow for products servicing our DTC and B2B channels of business. This position will identify and communicate requirements and priorities to ensure a smooth and accurate on-time production cycle. The role will lead a detailed production schedule working cross-functionally to keep all stakeholders aware of production delivery dates and status. The Production Manager brings a creative, problem-solving mind set eager to be involved in multiple aspects of the product lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspires a team with passionate leadership.
- Possesses excellent communication skills with ability and experience in communicating to a wide variety of audiences.
- Communicates in a professional and constructive manner. Responds to and follows through on emails and other communications in a timely manner.
- Acts as a steward of company resources and Vision/Mission/Values by modeling and promoting sustainable behaviors/operations.
- Understands and models company culture. Works to build community among staff and with other departments.
- Delivers exceptional service and demonstrates friendly and attentive behaviors with internal and external customers.
- Embraces change and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates dependability, organization and follow through.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time.
- Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility, and creativity in problem-solving and is solutions oriented.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and seeks opportunities for professional growth. Seeks and responds to feedback to continuously improve performance.
Position Specific Functions:
- Oversees production of apparel, bags, and accessories.
- Manages a workshop team with direct reports and contractors.
- Creates and maintains a production schedule for all projects and manages development timelines. Reviews and analyzes the production schedule ensuring on-time schedule performance for commitments.
- Ensures manufacturing performance, volume, and quality goals are met by utilizing efficient methods and maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
- Maintains the required pricing and margin structure.
- Ensures the creation and maintenance of BOM’s, Patterns, Tech Packs, and Order of Operations for each product created.
- Manages purchase orders and invoicing schedules for all third party manufacturing partners.
- Sources and manages all materials/trims inventory for production.
- Directs factory relationships and long-term factory and sourcing developments through constant communication and evaluation of production processes.
- Manages the quality assurance process for all products made domestically.
- Maintains a zero waste to landfill strategy for the workshop.
- Assists with development and production requirements as needed.
- Occasional sewing of prototypes to propel development timelines forward.
Tools and Equipment Used
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: office equipment, computer, printer, scanner, sewing machinery, other product creation tools.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in managing a team in a production and development environment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience in Apparel, Bags, and/or Textile product development/construction or related field.
- Thorough understanding of product lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of construction, manufacturing capabilities, and materials. Knowledge of industrial sewing and other textile manufacturing methods.
- Understanding of supply chain, building BOM’s, ordering materials/trims, and managing in-house and outside production.
- Proven ability to partner with Design, Operations, Marketing, Marketplace, and Factory teams to commercialize product from concept stage to market.
- Experience in vendor communication, evaluation, and sourcing.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to cost variety of product projects with strong negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities, anticipating business demands, and communicating status of projects appropriately.
- Experience in project and calendar management maintaining a high level of operational transparency and accountability.
- Full understanding of MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach, push and pull, twist and turn.
- Occasionally required to lift and carry 1-20 pounds, lift 21-50 pounds, push and/or pull 1-40 pounds; may require fine finger manipulations and repetitive motions with hands and feet.
- Includes working in an office environment.
- Typically maintains a moderate noise level.
Important Notice: The job duties, responsibilities, requirements and conditions, physical requirements and work environment listed in this job description are examples of the tasks that a staff member may be required to perform. Looptworks reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Production Manager" in the subject line.