Senior Graphic Designer
Looptworks is an impact brand. We believe in the power of design as a tool to convert waste, excess, and broken systems into amazing solutions and products. Our efforts will lead to zero waste and closed loop solutions for both ourselves and every partner brand we engage with. Along the way, we will conserve water, protect our air, and positively impact people. We will inspire a generation to practice mindful consumption while innovating with Fortune 500 brands for big time solutions. Our founding ethos is framed by one simple concept: Use only what already exists. It is the environmentally responsible way to create quality products that are visually stunning and functionally superior while saving water and fresh air.
Position Title: Senior Graphic Designer
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Reports To: Director of Marketing and eCommerce
Pay Band: Exempt
- Position Description: Looptworks is looking for a digitally-savvy creative designer. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for Looptworks on-brand creative strategy, design and creative asset production. This role wears many hats among our small marketing team from production design to photography and creative strategy. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for developing and producing compelling creative assets; graphics, photos and videos, that bring Looptworks stories to life visually across all of our brand, ecommerce website and storefront and B2B marketing channels and campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and become intimately familiar with our target customer, their motivations and interests.
- Champions and uphold brand guidelines and values.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability and experience to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Understands and models company culture. Works to build community among staff and with other departments.
- Delivers exceptional service and demonstrates friendly and attentive behaviors with internal and external customers.
- Embraces change and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates dependability, organization and follow through.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-motivated, multi-task and manage own time.
- Work independently and manage simultaneous projects with many moving parts
- Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in problem-solving and is solutions oriented.
- Communicates in a professional and constructive manner. Responds to and follows through on emails and other communications in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and seeks opportunities for professional growth. Seeks and responds to feedback in order to improve performance.
- Acts as a steward of company resources and Vision/Mission/Values by modeling and promoting sustainable behaviors/operations.
Position Specific Functions
- Brings Looptworks brand, product, and partnership stories to life through visually appealing, storytelling design
- Designs and executes on-brand creative assets including; photos, graphic images, illustrations, animations, videos, print and display ads for email, social, web, blog, signs, tags, slide decks, media, packaging and print advertising.
- Maintains an eye on details, ensuring on-brand consistency across channels and throughout all content.
- Engages and collaborates in marketing content meetings, from brainstorming to planning and execution.
- Considers target audience/customer throughout the design process.
- Partners cross-departmentally and across company in the development and production of creative assets and strategies.
- Remains current on customer and channel analytics to leverage insights in storytelling and design execution
- Drives ongoing operationalization and optimization of creative process
- Collaborates with marketing colleagues in the development of a cohesive integrated marketing plans.
- Frequently works in CMS and ESP to execute design assets, occasionally works in other digital platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Vimeo, YouTube and Hootsuite.
- Uses and champions the use of project management software to manage campaigns and cross-functional projects.
- Collaborates with Product Team in understanding new product design concepting and features to aid in bringing product stories to life through creative.
- Manages contractors/freelance resources that support the creative development and production of design and copy
Tools and Equipment Used
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: office equipment, computer, printer, and scanner.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-7+ years of experience in graphic design within a marketing capacity and with a primary focus on digital design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Marketing or related field
- Advanced experience in Adobe Creative Suite including; Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Experience with typography, illustration, product, lifestyle and eCommerce/digital photography
- Experience with Photo, Video Editing & Retouching
- Experience with HTML5 and animation tools/software, lightroom, Canva, Power Point, Google Drive/Docs
- Knowledge of the digital ecosystem, online marketing channels & how eCommerce, web, mobile, social, search and channels work together creatively and within integrated marketing plans
- Experience in apparel/textile business a plus
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com. Include "eCommerce Manager" in the subject line.