- Drawstring closure opens easily one-handed
- Magnetic flap closure releases easily
- Two internal sleeves fit up to a 15" laptop and legal-sized notebook
- Easy clean nylon lining
- External zippered pocket
- Internal zippered pocket for storing small valuables
- Four elastic pockets keep items organized and accessible
- Limited edition
- Made from 100% upcycled material, including premium shoe leather and durable polyester canvas
- Water resistant finish
- Body: 13"W x 8.5"D x 13.5"H
- Weight: 1.94 lbs
The Pack that gives back
The Calvin is the result of our collaboration with actress Claire Coffee (from NBC’s Grimm) and Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest for the annual runway-style fundraiser, The Power of the Purse. Proceeds from the initials sales went to support Girls Inc. Programming.
Working with Claire to come up with the ideal bag for a new mother got Claire thinking about what kind of world her son, Calvin, would grow up in. Each upcycled bag conserves resources, making a better world for Calvin and for our kids.
Initially conceived as a diaper bag for Claire's busy lifestyle as an actress and mom, the Calvin is a versatile pack that can handle that and more.
Designing the Calvin
“From the get go, it was like Melanie and Tamara were finishing my sentences. Everything they did was so on point with what I think of as attractive and useful. The finished product exceeded my wildest expectations." — Claire Coffee reflecting on designing The Calvin
We couldn't say it better. From the 14 concept sketches to the 4 prototypes, to the hours and hours of honing and fine-tuning, we were excited about the end result of The Calvin Backpack. Materials, features, pockets, hardware, weight, size, functionality — everything was taken into consideration!